Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mordors Most Wanted Forum Index -> Officer Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mian
*Mian*
Leader
High Warden

High Warden

re: Guidelines 1v1 (Good TA mappoint) Ettenmoors

We are fully aware of that 1v1 isn't a proclaimed area by Turbine, but it has been a respected area (by most creeps and freeps ) for many years.
There will always be some who will gank there (freep and creeps), but that doesn't ´mean that MMW members should stoop to that level.
MMW have the reputaion of not being 1v1 gankers and we don't want our members to be labeled "ganker" and we would very much like to keep that reputation:
* don't start a gank on 1v1
* If you are being ganked get even - ones - and then let it go until you being ganked again.
* "I ganked him because he ganked me before" isn't good, it will only start more ganking
* If you help in a gank at 1v1 be sure it is a gank and help only who You really know they aren’t gankers
* don't join in "clean GTA FS's"
* We often stand at 1v1 and play around, be on TS if you are there and be sure that the peopla around know that we are only playing around :p
* Ganking kinnies and killing them is a BIG NO! even for fun! (Make it a spar instead) This will only make tensions and bad athmosphere in kin and we don't want that.

Alastrovic

re: Ettenmoors & The Kinship

Everyone....

I have noticed quite a few people have read this post with regards to Ettenmoors play and not one person has made any comment.....but I must speak my mind as this kin is starting to fall apart.

I have been a Mordors Most Wanted member for well over a year now. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this game with every single one of you.....but recent events have shocked me and also the reaction of some officers to the kin. I think we are all aware that we have recently lost Arno from the kin - A fantastic guy and a good friend to me as he was to ALL of us. He felt as though he needed to go for two main reasons.

Firstly, this entire "rule" about Ettenmoors play. It is rediculous and totally uncalled for. There is no mention whatsoever of a "1v1" area within the Ettenmoors and this is according to the gaming rules set out by Turbine. In my understanding, there are many players in the game that feel there is this "1v1" area in which there are unwritten rules of conduct. To this end, I totally disagree with the Kin's policy. If you are a "Freep", then the role here in the Ettenmoors is to kill "Creeps" and vice versa. During my time in this area of the game, I have been killed several times in this "1v1" area by people that you call "Gankers" and I have found it incredibly halarious. I have died, been resurrected or I have started again from Glan Vraig, but I have never kicked off about this happeneing. To do so is totally immature and if you can't handle being killed here, then don't bother coming in to the Ettenmoors. Simple. In recent weeks, we have all heard on TS numerous people that are in the Ettenmoors screaming and shouting about being "Ganked" and then log off in a huff.....well i'm sorry, but what do you expect from a PvP area??? This type of action does NOT occur on Star Wars: The Old Republic or on Star Trek, so I am not sure why I or anyone else should abide by such rules. I pay to play this game as a VIP, so if I attend the Ettenmoors, I will kill any Creeps that cross my path as they would do me, whether it is in this "1v1" grass area that I do not observe.

Secondly and most worrying......Arno and quite a few others (myself included) feel that the recent lull in conducting groups/raids and instead just going into the Ettenmoors has damaged the kin internally. I completely understand the right of ANY player to choose which character they play and where etc, but because some people have become fed up of so called "grinding", many players in the game have come to see that 90% of current officers are in the Ettenmoors on their Creeps and on TS "If you need us". I have seen one officer online most evenings when I have been present, which is B......and I think that this is awful. What has happened to the fun we all used to have in groups and raids? I understand there may not be many people online to do 12+, but there are other things that we can do than just standing on a grass plain in the Ettenmoors, screaming and shouting about being "Ganked".......Myself, B and Arno had an amazing time doing Sword Halls at T2, Library & School the other night, but we saw nobody else because most officers are in the Ettenmoors. I was also shocked the other night when I thought I would myself pop into the PvP region and have a laugh with my Kin....only to be shouted at for telling Creeps/Freeps where each were. If people had listened, I just informed that a Freep raid was inbound....I did not mention to any other party of your whereabouts and to be honest, what is the problem here? It is a game.....To this end, I was annoyed and decided to chill out with my friends and B.

As said, we have lost Arno. He is very hurt and upset by the reaction of the officers in the kin online yesterday. He indeed left angrily, but so would I. He has been a strong supporter of this kin and he always helped out with many quests and raids, but he also felt like he was pushed aside and as soon as members started to dictate rules and start screaming like children in the Ettenmoors, he could stand it no longer.......And he's not alone. There are a few long serving people in this kin that now wish to leave because of recent events.....and I am starting to feel the same. Many people would not say all of this, but I am quite angry and feel something must be said, but I feel that this has already got out of control. Hearing people on TS and how they react in the Ettenmoors has concerned me and being just a game, I am deeply concerned about this kin. You cannot dictate rules in a PvP area to a kin member. This is unacceptable to ask and I for one will not abide by this. I completely accept any kinship rules that I signed up for that are noted within the game itself, but when I am paying for the game and in a PvP area, there are no rules except have FUN. There are too many people here that have now got the "bug" of PvP and are trying to dictate their own rules to look good in the eyes of others, but in the meantime, you have let the kinship's morales and reasons slip away. Hearing people scream and shout then log off TS in a huff is totally uncalled for in a PvP area. What do you expect to happen? And please do not say that it is a 1v1 area. I do not recognise this rule as it does not exist in the first place and there are many others that feel the same.

In conclusion, I am very sad to what has happened here in the last few days. The Ettenmoors has clouded judgements and we have lost a damn good member and not one person tried to get him to come back. We also have at least four other players that are deeply upset and are now considering leaving. Myself included. I joined this kin because it was AWESOME. It was friendly, funny and welcoming.....but now I see it turning into Element Zero - Follow the rules or you are out. I don't want that for my character.

I emplore you to think about what is going on here......Personally I feel sorry for B as he is the only officer I see online these days and he's the only person that is not corrupted by the Ettenmoors drama. We have already lost a dear kin mate.....I hope we don't lose anymore.

Rich

Dessy
MarksteN
Officer
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

First of all its not a rule to follow its just a guideline nothing else. And its not fun to get ganked. And i agree with u Alas there is no 1v1 area. But i do respect those that wanna spar and such. Its players that have made this so called 1v1 area to spar and fight its been like that for years. And i/we did not ask arno to leave kin. We are upset ourself that its gone this far. We do not want to lose any of our members. And if it sounded harsh alas on monday when this all began i do appolegize for that. I for one do not want to lose u as a member cause frankly i love ya bud. "Tolto doe's to" Happy

Im do show my face on freepside everynow and then. But as u said this grinding has gotten to me. I got tired off it and could not stand it no more. Turbine have screwed us all cause of there lootsystem. But i will show my "bear" face more on freep side and if u wanna do anything, anything at all alas let me know. I wouldnt mind some 3-man's i still want my gold things u know Happy
Alastrovic

Thanks Dessy. I really appreciate your response today. I love you too bud. I have just seen things like this happen before and I hate it. I just hope things start to improve for everyone.

Rich

Dessy
MarksteN
Officer
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

Thing is these things happens over the summer and i hate it myself we all do.
Mian
*Mian*
Leader
High Warden

High Warden

First of all I appologize if I said something to upset you or Arno -
It is hard not to slip where the other side is if members are playing both sides.. that is why I asked you not to tell where fraid was going.
I really hate when things like this happen in our kin.
Having people "complain" about members/officers being on creepside isn't the first time.. this seem to happen every summer when there is nothing else to do in the game.. at least that is the case for me... I have 9 lvl 85 chars's, 7 of them have full Hytbold, Thains of Hytbold, decent jewellery and armour.. I do not se any point of grinding/farming Wildermore or any other instances for my characters since there is an update coming soon and I am not sure yet if I am going to buy it or not.
I tend to go etten every summer, last year I was on Mian in etten this year it happened to be my creep cause I think there are way to many freeps and I like running around on my spider.

I think most of us would gladly help out if someone needed help, that is why we posted "we are on TS".

Concerning 1v1/GTA - this has been the talk for many years but I never seen so many gankers at 1v1 as I did the last weeks.. most of them are probably new ppl who doesnt give a crap about others and what been a respected area for years, some are old highranked characters who just want to screw it up for other players (that is my thinking !)
Phantom posted this on FB :
""95% of the player base agree on 1v1, they came to an agreement years ago, some May not agree, a few, but they should have some respect for the majority of players, and just avoid the area all together, instead of acting out if spite or immaturity, you may argue that you pay for this game, but the majority of the playerbase do aswell...""

totally agree with that - LOTRO is a social game - so why can't we have an area where people can try out their skills without being jumped on by others, and I for one love standing at 1v1 playing/fooling around with kinnies and have some laughs in TS.

I am offended by you compairing us to EZO - we never asked Arno to leave... The GUIDELINES where posted cause I am always protecting MMW's good reputation and I don't want it to be known as a ganking kin as EZO is.

Alastrovic

Mian. We do not feel these are "guidlines" at all. If we were to continue our style of play in this "1v1" area, then we would probably have a load of abuse from the kin just because we were killing creeps, but this is what we are supposed to do. I'm sorry, but I do not recognise any such place as 1v1 and I do not observe it. If I were to turn up there and I were to be killed instantly, i'd laugh and keep going back. It's what I find fun and it's what I wish to do.

With reference to Element Zero, I diasgree with your offence. Things recently have been going that way whether you like it or not and there are some people that have had enough - they just don't want to say it, but I will do.......and personally I feel we should get Arno back. He's a good guy and was angry at how he feels he has been treated......but this is for you and the officers to decide. I'd want to fight to keep my guys/gals here.

Mian
*Mian*
Leader
High Warden

High Warden

A I said I want MMW to be the respected kin on Snowy as it is, if members fomm MMW start going 1v1 and kill everything they see there ppl will come and complain to me (which already happened) or the officers that one of our members is ganking 1v1 - most ppl on Snowy now how I and most members see the 1v1 area.

the 1v1 area is an itty bitty spot on the whole map - how hard is it to avoid it and roam elsewhere - no ppl go 1v1 cause they know people are standing there and for some classes and groups it is very easy to kill a bunch of creeps or freeps there, get easy renown/infamy and then the kaos is on - and those standing there respecting the area - as I stated 95% respect it - will be killed .

"Things recently have been going that way whether you like it or not and there are some people that have had enough".

what things? that some players (officers or not) choose to play on creepside for awhile? it is not like we have planned runs during summertime, summer is tricky, ppl are more outside irl, going on vaccation and so on so it will be very quiet ingame. Or is there other things that hasn't come up? We learned along the years that if ppl don't say what they think it will sizzle and ppl talk behind other ppls backs and in the end there will be a blowout.

I am not going to respond more to this post during the weekend - my brother is coming and I want to be in a good mood when he is here -

iovo
Esquire

Esquire

re: PvP

Guys,

It's PvP leave it there, no point in arguing over this its outright war in that zone and nothing else. If that's not what you want then don't go there, 2 rules...kill or be killed and that's it.
If you want a 1 v 1 area try and meet elsewhere in the zone and expect to be jumped if enemy are passing.

Sorry if you don't like what i say but that is how this zone is.

Lilla here....

Dont often write in this forum but need to in this case...May step over the line and sorry for that.

Why is it so hard to get it that ettens is for killing freeps or creeps ?

Cant say that ganking is a good way of getting your rank up but its a way that many players take and its their choice, nobody can diktate how you should or should not play the game.

If u want to play it in your way do it, but dont rage everytime someone gank u...it will never stop !

And as the guidelinse say...get even if u been gank...come on...its just as bad as the first ganking...

On creep I will try to kill every freep I see , kinnies or not ....
same on freep.

Gta is just a spot in ettens... I can respect the ppl that are there , but if u are in ettens dont be surprised if u get killed , dont be angry or start a big disskussion...just keep on playing and have fun!

I really like this kin and have had many good times with u , but Im getting really tierd of this .... neverending story.... (Sry for spelling misstakes Happy )
SoupOfTheDay

This may be a bit lengthy and Just to clarify this message isn't targeted at anyone, its not a definitive answer, it is me expressing my opinion, and anyone with an apposing opinion is entitled to it. But at least think about what I've said.

Killing gankers, players who are known to gank, or have openly said they don't agree with the 1v1 area in my opinion are open targets.

But the thing that annoys me, and I'm sure annoys the majority of the players that use the 1v1 area, is that the players who stand at 1v1, participate in the spars, run around having a laugh with friends w/e and get killed 'Ganked' by freeps/creeps of whom can clearly see that they are not attempting to attack anyone else... is 100% down to having no respect for those players. And falls under this example of real life - 'A public park, a nice sunny day, the park is open to all, there are kids playing on the swings, people walking dogs, and there's a group of friends having a picnic off to the side. Now Their's are a group of teenagers running around having a water fight, they have a whole football sized pitch area to themselves, Do the kids having a water fight need to get in the way of the friends having a picnic, by either running around near them, or soaking them with water, or should the kids have respect, for people wanting to do different things?... and just leave them to it.

Online Games would NOT be fun, if everyone just played by their own rules, and had 0% respect for anyone else, it would be absolute chaos, and no one would want to play that game.

Here's an example of respecting a player in lotro outside of the ettens, If a player is standing fighting a mob by an ore deposit, will you run behind them and steal it, or will you consider the fact, that they were trying to get to it, but had to kill the mob first?

Bottom line, if you don't respect the community or the players, you will gain no respect from the majority of player base.
Mian
*Mian*
Leader
High Warden

High Warden

totally agree =)

Alastrovic

This is a GAME. I am NOT asking for respect off anyone in a PvP area. If this is so, then what is the point of having a PvP area? I totally disagree and I am starting to get really hacked off by all of this stupidity.

SoupOfTheDay

"This is a GAME. I am NOT asking for respect off anyone in a PvP area. If this is so, then what is the point of having a PvP area? I totally disagree and I am starting to get really hacked off by all of this stupidity."

I'm not even going to acknowledge your anger, i clearly said that my message wasn't aimed at anyone, i was expressing an opinion. You've told me you disagree which is completely fine, but replying in that aggressive tone "This is a Game" "I am NOT asking..." and saying my opinion is stupid makes me not want to continue this discussion.
iovo
Esquire

Esquire

Steal the ore, what a feeling it is :-)

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: